Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just Out...


...The Salt Companion to Harold Bloom, edited by Roy Sellars & Graham Allen, a new collection of works about and in honor of the Falstaff (or is that the Zero Mostel?) of modern literary criticism (including a poem by yours truly). I have been reading Bloom since my undergraduate days and have written about him on a number of occasions, mainly in the context of Jewish literature. Whether our precursors are absorbed into our superegos or our ids (a fine point of psychopoetics debated in The Anxiety of Influence), I know he's lurking around in my psyche somewhere. Critical trends come and go, but for me, he remains a Great Original. Once again, Salt Publishing deserves our thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Great Blog! Kol ha Kavod!
Do visit and post at
The Jewish Culture Log of Arts
www.jewishculturela.org